Saturday, September 5, 2009

Booka Shade

I have not been listening to as much straight up techno and house as I may have had in the past but I stumbled upon this gem looking through my catalog the other day and wondered why I have been so close minded....I mean to be honest it not my favorite genre of electronic music but Booka Shade throws down in a not so conventional house DJ/producer style....The duo is known for their extremely loud and rawkus live shows but does not prescribe to the typically "ootz ootz ootz" common in a lot club DJs.......they take sounds from across the spectrum of electronic music to create their unique take on house music...This album was released in 2006 I believe so its a little dated but still quite relevant......

Booka Shade - Movements

01. Night Falls
02. Body Language
03. Shimmer
04. Paper Moon
05. The Birds and The Beats at The Window
06. Darko
07. Hide and Seek in Geishas Garden
08. Pong Pang
09. Mandarine Girl
10. Take a Ride
11. Wasting Time
12. In White Rooms
13. Hallelujah Usa
14. Lost High

Booka Link

No comments:

Post a Comment